Monday, December 31, 2012

Chocolate Crinkles {last minute recipe}

Hi Sweets,


I know it's supper dupper late for recipes and stuff, I just remembered I did not post the Crinkles recipe and it's sooooo good!! When I first saw them, I thought they looked cute and that's it. I'm not the biggest chocolate fan, but I tried them for my love, knowing he would love them. 
If you are skeptical, like me, just give them a try!!! The moist and fluffy interiour will surprise you and you will hardly resist them, ones you tried one... 


INGREDIENTS (Recipe from Laura Adamache)
  • 225 grams of dark chocolate (high quality)
  • 60 grams of unsalted butter
  • 100 grams of caster sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 225 grams of plain flour
  • vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  • A pinch of salt
  • Caster sugar and icing sugar for decorating

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Whip the eggs with the sugar  until they get a light colour and double their volume. Melt the chocolate with the butter and when it cools, add it to the egg mixture, whip well, then add the flour mix and vanilla extract. Leave the batter for at least 3 hours in the fridge or over night. 


2. Form walnut sized balls and roll them first in caster sugar, then in icing sugar. Place them on a tray lined with baking paper. 

3. Bake them in the oven at 
170°C 
for max. 10 minutes!!! They must keep a moist center so don't overbake them. Let them cool in the tray, because they are still very fragile&soft, then place them on a plate.







4. The cracks come with the baking. 

Don't they look lovely?
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment