Saturday, December 1, 2012

First day of December, Advent calender and Happy National Day, Romania!


Hi, winter lovers!
Today was the 1. December! Do you like winter? I.....do... 
Okay, I must admit, I'm not such a winter fan, but since my absolute favourite day is the 24th I love this season. Why  I love Christmas eve so much? You'll see on that day ;) 
For me it would be ideal if winter only would last 1 month.. 'cause this cold isn't too cozy. But with all the holidays and gifts and crafts and just the time spent with our dear ones, you can't fight it, you just LOOOOVE IT! 

Have you made an  Advent calender? 

The first time I saw one was when I was a little girl, back in Romania and some german friends brought us one of those filled with chocolate. Stupidly they only brought us one, so my sister and I had to wait two days, so each could open and eat a chocolate a day. Then we grew and dropped it. 

Here in Germany, the tradition of the Advent calender is SUPER POPULAR, not only for kids. Most commonly if you are a craftperson, you would build one and fill it with candy and little gifts. 

Beside sweets&gifts our calender is also filled with tasks and other surprises like today. 




Our first "surprise" was a candle light dinner with self made Viennese Apple Strudel & Vanilla sauce which was only the start of a cozy evening...


1. December is also the National Day of Romania
So, I wish a happy day to all romanians out there!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment