Thursday, November 8, 2012

{Recipe} Carrot Cake

I only saw some pictures of a delicious looking carrot cake and ran to my kitchen to try remake the MAGIC. Very happy for having everything I needed, I just tried to do my best with this unknown cake for me. 

...Although it seems like it's origin place is Sweden, Carrot cake is mostly known as the favourite British winter cake...
I must say, I enjoyed every single step of it. Mixing, creating a low fat creamy cheese frosting, caramelizing the walnuts.. I had so much fun doing it, and my satisfaction was fulfilled when I tasted it!!! It's a really moist, finely scented, delicate cake who will impress all your guests. 


Hubby was all sceptic "no way I taste a cake made of...carrots!!?" but in the end it convinced him too! Yeey, definitely a...

Favourite Recipe:
                          
            ...ingredients for a 28 ø baking pan  

140 ml / 1/2 cup............. vegetable oil (I used walnuts oil)
2 ........................... eggs
200 g /  1 cup............... brown sugar (I used honey)
300 g / 2 1/2 cup............ finely grated carrots
100 g / 1 cup................ chopped walnuts / haselnuts
180 g / 1 1/2 cups........... flour
1/2 tsp...................... baking powder
1 tsp........................ cinnamon
some salt 

Frosting:


250 g / 1 cup................ cream cheese

2 tbsp ...................... butter
50 ml / 1/4 cup.............. cream
1 tsp ....................... vanilla extract
powdered sugar or honey as much as you want (as sweet as you like it :)

Deco:
whole nuts
sugar/honey to caramelize

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F). Toast the nuts until lightly browned, then let cool and chop. Peel and finely grate the carrots. 

2. Mix the moist ingredients: oil, eggs, sugar/honey. Then add the grated carrots and nuts. When homogenized add the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. (If you like, you can also grate some nutmeg.)

3. Put the batter to the baking pan and bake for about 40 minutes or 'till the toothpick comes out clean. 

4. For the icing beat together the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and put it into the fridge.

5. When the cake is ready, let it cool down, cut the cake into 2 slices, spread generously with frosting and decorate with caramelized walnuts. 


  Voila!!!







 This is THE recipe for THE cake for THE cold, winter evenings, next to a hot  
 chocolate or coffee... Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment